Strange experiences IRL

I have had a few strange things happening to me since I started to LD. So I would like to know if someone else have had similar things happening to them.

I have had a flashback that looked so real that it could have been a photo. I saw a girl from behind that I thought I knew. I tried thinking about what she looked like, but I couldn’t quite remember. Suddenly a picture of her flashed before my eyes.

I walked in a corridor in school and was thinking about pedro’s mind model. Suddenly it felt like the corridor was streched out just like a movie and I could almost see it streching out. Afterwards I just smiled.

When I’m sleeping I can get into a state where I can feel my real body and my dreambody at the same time. I can control them both but because my real body is paralysed, I have trouble controlling my dreambody. And I can’t see anything but blackness.

This morning I was laying in my bed awake but I was dreaming at the same time. Then I woke up, so I don’t know if I was dreaming In a FA or if it was something else.

Also sometimes I can sort of blend reality with what I think about. IRL I can almost see what I’m thinking about. Have also had similar experiences with other senses.

Hope someone else have any similar experiences. Otherwise I might just be going insane :tongue:

Even if thats the road to insanity then its not bad at all:)I usually find such events cool as i find my own existence bit boring.
I never feel energies,see with my third eye,encounter ghosts,rarely any HI,so on so on.
I dont know wheter what you see is simple hallucination or some new gained ability you have picked up when practicing for lds.If it was happening to me id surely diagnose it as last and try to solve the riddle.
Maybe this is me who is insane?:slight_smile:

This has happened to me but it is while i was in a dream and there wasn’t blackness.

This sort of happens to me, but only sometimes.

Jack, I agree with you about that it’s probably not the worst way to go insane. And I enjoy having these things happening to me. The flashback was really cool, maybe it’s “proof” that under the right kind of circumstances we have photographic memory. Atleast I’m hoping so since I generally have bad memory.

I think that some of those things are just an over active imagination. I do that to myself all the time, thinking things that aren’t necisarily true, and they are only made true becauseyou decide to percieve them like that.

However, I have experienced many weird dream states. Just this weekend I was laying in bed with my girlfriend in the morning sleeping and I went into an LD. In the dream my body was super heavy and my vision was all blury. My body felt like what your body feels like when you have SP. THen I became lucid and over came it, but then as I walked outside it was as if my perception split in two. I could see my girlfriend lying next to me at the same time I was percieving my dream world. I could feel her smell her and everything.

My altered states of counciousness happen often, but I don’t think that they are a result of my LD practicing, but instead I am able to percieve them because I practive LDing. Make sense? These things aren’t happening because you LD. They have always happened. You are able to percieve them because you mind is more capable in operating in that altered state of counciousness.

Thanks toadstool. That would explain most of the things. I might just have an overactive imagination. My brain tends to “race” away sometimes. If that happens when I’m about to go to sleep I’m usually awake for a few hours.

Btw just remembered something that happened a few years ago. After a night of drinking I woke up an I could see faces infront of me. I could sort of mould them into other faces if I wanted to. It only went on for maybe 10 sec before it stopped. That was probaly one of the coolest things that have happened to me :cool: Before LDing that is :grin:

Haha… one night when I was drunk trying to sleep I heard long conversations. I could open my eyes and the conversations continued. It was the wierdest thing, because it was a conversation I had earlier in the night. I’m not sure if I was awake or sleeping, but I have the feeling that I was awake. Maybe the drunkeness made my brain fall to sleep before my body had become paralized, so my brain was in a sleep state, but my body wasn’t.