Favorite video game (all time)?

Final Fantasy VII by far, is the best game of all time. No game is half the game that Final Fantasy VII is.

Oh, also if you guys want to check out a real underground classic, download ‘Chaos: The Battle of Wizards’ and a ZX Spectrum emulator (and make sure you read the game rules).

Probably the best strategy game outside of Chess. I have a Yahoo group dedicated to it. :content:

Civilization III

And some of those you already mentioned.

GTA: San Andreas has officially been banned in Australia - sucks for them eh.

The cenorship in australia is insane :sad:
Even new larry game was banned there…

BANNED? not just adult rated but banned? insane

I can’t decide a best game, so here’s a list of the best ones: (listed without any special order)

1. Chrono Trigger (SNES) - an awesone RPG that is extremely addicting and impossible to get out of your head once you play it. It’s a bit short, but if you do all the optional quests it’s not that much of a problem. The game music is fantastic, and well-worth playing on your stereo. Damn you SQUARE for making 12 different endings for it! Now I’ll have to play it over and over again…

2. Earthbound (SNES - a fantastic and incredibly weird RPG that is also very addicting. The music is very very strange and pretty good (play it on your stereo!) and the battle backgrounds are psychedelic. The weird humor, weird and/or stupid and/or hilarious conversations and strange events makes Earthbound incredibly entertaining. The enemies are also pretty weird. I have never seen zombies that laugh hysterically or new age retro hippies that attack by brushing their teeth in any other game.

3. Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - the best FF I have played so far, (I haven’t bothered playing the new ones) with very nice music, a good storyline and very nice gameplay. It’s very addicting and can be a bit painful to play, since you are addicted of almost everything you have played through but you are past those parts of the game… I just have to play it again soon! (my fault… I shouldn’t have thought of it in the first place. now it will be stuck in my head for days… ARGH)

4. Zelda - A link to the past (SNES) - my favorite Zelda game. I’m currently playing through it for the fourth time. It’s easy to get into, entertaining and has a unique feeling. Just like every other Zelda game, it lacks depth, but the very good gameplay makes up for it.

5. ECCO (SMD/Genesis) - A pretty original game, featuring a dolphin traveling through time and fighting aliens. The music is nice and atmospheric, the storyline is good and intresting and the gameplay is good. A very nice game.

6. ECCO 2 (SMD/Genesis) - Like the first, but with better music, better gameplay and a storyline just as intresting. (if not more)

7. C&C Tiberian Sun (PC) - A very good RTS. The best one I have ever played. I have now lost a lot of my intrest in playing it, (but not all, far from) but it took over 2 years of pretty intense gaming. During the last year, I worked a lot on making a mod for it. (you can find it at my site) TS has very nice and atmospheric music, fantastic gameplay and the best atmosphere I have ever experienced in an RTS. The storyline is good and addicting, and the ingame movies are very intresting. Once you have beaten the campaign, you can keep playing skirmish for weeks without getting bored. Then you can wait a few days and start playing again.

Then I have played quite a few more games that I find almost as good as the “best” ones listed here.

I have to agree with you about C&C Tiberian Sun it’s probably the best RTS I’ve played ever :cool:

And heroes of might and magic 3 and civilisation 1 are the best turned based games, but then there aren’t that many to choose from.

And Quake 3 is I game that I never get tired of ever :cool:

Old favorites:

Sport games:
Track and Field II (NES)
NHL 94/95/96/97 (SNES, SEGA genesis/mega drive)
International Superstar Soccer (SNES)
Super Soccer (SNES)
Sensible Soccer (Amiga, SNES) - awesome multiplayer!

N64 games:
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye 007

Racing:
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Need For Speed: Porshe Challenge (PC)

Klassics:
Super Mario Bros (NES) - almost forgot it, the game that made me play videogames!
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Sim City (Particulary the SNES version)
Castlevania (NES)
Tetris

I almost forgot Sensible Soccer :cool:

My brother and I could spend hours in my room playing that one! We had the “world” edition with almost every team in thw world…

Oh yes, I still go with “Ultima is the only really addicting game”.
Anyways, thinking of non-pc-games, to others should be mentioned:

N64 - Mario Kart (Great fun in two player mode)
SNES - Secret of Mana (RPG with full 2player mode, don’t know how often I played that one)

But in single player the computer drivers in adapts way too much to how good you are doing so that the race always gets decided in the last corner.

Therefore i think Diddy Kong Racing (N64) deserves to be mentioned too both singleplayer and 2/4-player. I especially remember the first race against the boss, think it took me 20+ tries :grrr:

Space Invaders

FF VII
FF VI
Doom
Cool boarders 2
Civilization
GTA 3
er… Alex the kid? :smile:

final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,x-2

Metroid everyone of them

Metal gear all of them

zelda ocarina of time,link to the past

mystical ninja
tekken all even # 5 is looking good

street fighter all
tenchu even the ones not in america.
legacy of kain all of them
legend of legia
… played too many games

konnart nice pic of vanhelsing sorry for offtopic

Mega Man X, even though I only played it on PC. I was probably 8 at the time, and it was sooo hard for me at that age. I was so incredibly happy when I finally beat that game. Actually it was the first game that I ever beat from start to finish without any help from anyone or anything.

Mmm this is actually a tough one. I would have to say the hole dragon warrior series especially 5 (NES).

I am tempted to give you a list but you asked for the # 1 favorite and the first thing that popped out at me was the old Dragon Warrior 5.

thanx shinta of wu for your complement on my pic,
but that is not vanhelsing,
that is alucard of helsing

yeah i know i messed up the name sorry^o^ i didnt have time to fix it >.<

chrono trigger and chrono cross.
x men mutant academy 1&2

area 51

devil may cry and viewtiful joe